When you apply to register your tourist accommodation your personal information is collected as allowed by the Tourist Accommodations Registration Act (TARA) and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPOP) Act.
We will collect personal information including:
- your name
- accommodation address
- mailing address
- phone number
- email address
- primary residence
We will use this personal information to register your accommodation, conduct policy analysis, research, and/or evaluation activities. Contact information may be used to notify registered accommodations about renewal, or to provide information relevant to TARA and operating or marketing an accommodation in Nova Scotia.
- This information may be shared with the following parties in accordance with Section 8 of the Tourist Accommodations Registration Regulations (opens in new window):
- relevant departments and agencies within the provincial government
- municipalities of the province to monitor compliance with land use by-laws
- accommodations platforms, as required, for compliance purposes
- any entity the Minister enters into an Agreement with regarding the use of the information
The Province of Nova Scotia may use or share the information you provide for policy analysis, research and/or evaluation activities.
To read more about how the government respects your privacy when interacting with us review our full privacy statement (opens in new window). For questions about how your personal information is handled in relation to this service you may contact the Tourist Accommodations Registry (opens in new window).